Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring!

Hello cookie fanatics,

I am never in touch here, and I'm sorry. I really have no excuse, except that I exist so much in the real world, I tend to forget about this virtual world.

Here are a few highlights of the past few months....
* It was super selling cookies at the TBA Festival's after-hours locale. For 2 weeks, I was a cookie girl, much like a cigarette girl, only with wares that are way more tasty and way less deadly. It was a fabulous success, and ridiculous amounts of fun. A certain Portland art-scene luminary became addicted to the Ginger Cardamom bars, another to Katharine Hepburn's brownie recipe. I was also written up in the Oregonian as part of their celebration of Oregon's 100th birthday. Ooh la la!

* We have our first wedding scheduled! Hurrah. Lulu's will be providing 150 little gift boxes for the place settings. Isn't that a lovely and clever idea? (No, I won't tell you whose wedding. If you are not invited on your own, you can't come just to score some Lulu's.)

* Other special events and activities have included a monthly Supper Club, the Clowns Without Borders fundraiser, a Theory 1: Dance event, a celebration of walking/biking to school at a elementary school, birthday parties, fundraisers, and auctions.

Looking ahead....
* I have dropped my weekly business "drop-ins" in favor of a focus on special events, meetings, and working with restaurants/caterers described above. That means a decreased use of my tricycle (gasp!) and an increased use of my high heels and fish nets (the cigarette girl). Since I really enjoy dress up, and interesting performances, I see this as a good thing.

* In terms of the recipes, I've begun to focus more seriously on bar cookies and shortbread. Mainly because they are so darn pretty (or handsome if you are a guy who is afraid of pretty). I'll still make my homey chocolate chips and oatmeal raisins and such, never fear. But, left to my own devices, you will see more and more shapely cookies.

So, if you have a special event coming up, and need some tasty treats delivered in a clever fashion, please give me a call or email. Thank you for the support.